Incorporated in 1988, Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (formerly Nathpa Jhakri Power Corporation Limited - NJPC) is a hydroelectric power generation company, originally established as a joint venture of the Government of India ( GOI ) and the Government of Himachal Pradesh (GOHP) to plan, investigate, organize, execute, operate and maintain Hydro-electric power projects. The present authorized share capital of SJVN is Rs 7000 crores.
The Nathpa Jhakri Hydro – Electric Power Station– NJHPS ( 1500 MW ) was the first project undertaken by SJVN for execution. The 1500 MW NJHEP has been designed to generate 6612 MU of electrical energy in a 90% dependable year with 95 % machine availability. It is also providing 1500 MW of valuable peaking power to the Northern Grid. Out of the total energy generated at the bus bar, 12 percent is supplied free of cost to the home state i.e. Himachal Pradesh. From the remaining 88% energy generation, 25% is supplied to HP at bus bar rates. Balance power has been allocated to the beneficiary states / UTs of Northern Region by Ministry of Power, Government of India.
SJVN is currently constructing the 412 MW Rampur Hydro Electric Project in the state of Himachal Pradesh. SJVN is also implementing three hydro projects (252 MW Devsari, 60 MW Naitwar Mori and 51 MW Jakhol Sankri) in the state of Uttarakhand. Further, SJVN has also been allocated Luhri Hydro Electric Project (775 MW) and Dhaulasidh HEP (66 MW) in the state of Himachal Pradesh for preparation of Detailed Project Report and subsequent execution. Further, SJVN is entering into a Joint Venture for the implementation of 1500 MW Tipaimukh HE Project in Manipur with an equity participation to the extent of 26%.
Company's majority Promoter, the GoI (including through nominees) currently holds 75% of the paid-up share capital and will continue to hold majority of the post-Offer paid-up capital of the Company. The Governor of Himachal Pradesh (including through nominees) currently holds the remainder 25% of the paid-up share capital of the Company.
|Particulars||For the year/period ended (Rs. in Million)|
|Profit After Tax (PAT)||6,186.2||7,594.4||7,169.4||6,499.8||5,854.3|
The object of the issue is to achieve the benefits of listing on the Stock Exchanges and to carry out the transfer of 410,881,400 Equity Shares by the Selling Shareholder. Listing of the Equity Shares will create liquidity in the Equity Shares through the creation of a public market for the Equity Shares in India.
|Issue Open||Apr 29, 2010 - May 3, 2010|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Issue Size||415,000,000 Eq Shares of Rs 10 |
(aggregating up to Rs 1,062.74 Cr)
|Face Value||Rs 10 Per Equity Share|
|Issue Price||Rs 23 - Rs 26 Per Equity Share|
|Market Lot||250 Shares|
|Min Order Quantity||250 Shares|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
CARE has assigned an IPO Grade 4 to SJVN Ltd IPO. This means as per CARE company has 'Above Average Fundamentals'. CARE assigns IPO grading on a scale of 5 to 1, with Grade 5 indicating strong fundamentals and Grade 1 indicating poor fundamentals. Click here to download the CARE IPO Grading Document for SJVN Ltd.
Check IPO Ratings from other stock analysts.
No. of Times Issue Subscribed (BSE + NSE)
As on Date & Time
May 3, 2010 17:00
Vote Here ...
SJVN Ltd (Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd)
Himfed Building, New Shimla,
Himachal Pradesh, 171009
Phone: +91 177 267 0741/ 0064
Guaranteed Save 60% to 90% Brokerage
You could reduce the brokerage cost significantly by moving to another stock broker. Our expert team compared top share brokers in India to help traders. STOP paying Demat AMC, Brokerage in %, PCM Fee and High Stamp Duty today.
We can help you choosing the right broker. Contact us today...
Current IPOIPO Dashboard Current Mainline IPO Current SME IPO IPO Calendar Performance Tracker DRHP / RHP Docs
Live IPO InformationIPO Subscription IPO Listing Date IPO Allotment Status IPO Reviews IPO Rating Basis of Allotment
Stock Broker ComparisonCompare Share Brokers Side-by-Side Comparison List of Stock Brokers Broker Complaints Monitor Articles / Tutorials Glossary
Discount Brokers5paisa (Flat ₹10) Zerodha (Flat ₹20) ProStocks (Flat ₹15) Upstox RKSV (Flat ₹20) Trade Smart Online More Discount Brokers >>
Full-service BrokersICICI Direct Motilal Oswal Angel Broking Edelweiss Broking Aditya Birla Money More Full-service Brokers >>
More About BrokersSpecial Offers Broker Reports Top 10 Discount Brokers Top 10 Full-Service Brokers Top 20 Share Brokers
History of ChittorgarhHistory of Chittorgarh Maharana Pratap Meera Bai Panna Dhai Rani Padmini Jainism & Chittor (Hindi)