- Offers 3-in-1 account which makes stock market investment very easy for casual investors.
- Wide range of investment options available under one portal.
- Provides a low bandwidth website which works well where internet connection is slow.
- GTC (good till cancellation) and off-market hours order placement facility is very useful.
|The 3-in-1 account, which includes HDFC Bank Account, HDFC Securities Trading Account and HDFC Securities Demat Account, is the best offering for retail investors in India as it provides easiest way to invest in stock market and other financial instruments.
- ICICI Security charges highest brokerage in comparison to most of the retail brokers in India.
- Very high 'minimum brokerage' of Rs 35 per trade or 2.5% of the trade value whichever is lower.
- Poor performance of website is reported in peak hours of trading.
- Trading Terminal (Trade Racer) cost Rs 75 per month if brokerage paid in a month is less then Rs 750.
- Demat Account is mandatory.
- Commodity trading is not available for retail investors.
|- In addition to opening a trading account with HDFC Securities Ltd, you will also be required to open a savings bank account (quarterly minimum balance of Rs. 5000) and a DP (depository participant) account with HDFC Bank.