Tongue twister is a phrase or sentence which is hard to speak fast, usually because of alliteration or a sequence of nearly similar sounds. It helps develop speech skills & helps in speech therapy. To get the full effect of a tongue twister you should try to repeat it several times, as quickly as possible, without stumbling or mispronouncing.
English Tongue Twisters:
- A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
- I saw a saw that could out saw any other saw I ever saw.
- Betty Botter bought some butter, but she said "this butter's bitter! But a bit
of better butter will but make my butter better" So she bought some better
butter, better than the bitter butter, and it made her butter better so itwas
better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter!
- If you understand, say "understand".
If you don't understand, say "don't understand".
But if you understand and say "don't understand".
How do I understand that you understand? Understand!
- I thought, I thought of thinking of thanking you.
- Red bulb blue blub red bulb blue bulb
- I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won't wish the wish you wish to wish.
- Sounding by sound is a sound method of sounding sounds.
- Double bubble gum, bubbles double gum.
- If two witches were watching two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
- I thought a thought.
But the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I thought.
If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
- She sells sea shells sea shells on the sea shore
- If one doctor doctors another doctor does the doctor who doctors the doctor doctor the doctor the way the doctor he is doctoring doctors? Or does the doctor doctor the way the doctor who doctors sdoctors?
Hindi Tongue Twisters (In Hindi Language):
- Kaccha papad, pakka papad.
- Samajh samajh ke samajh ko samjho
samajh samajhna bhi ek samajh he
samajh samajh ke jo na samjhe
meri samajh me woh na samajh he
- समझ समझ के समझ को समझो
समझ समझना भी एक समझ है
समझ समझ कॆ जो ना समझे
मेरी समझ मे वो ना समझ है
- Chandu ki chacha ne
chandu ki chachi ko
chandni chonk me
chandi ke chamach se
- चंदु के चाचा ने
चंदु की चाची को
चाँदनी चौक मे
चाँदी के चमचे से
- Khadak Singh ke khadakane se khadakati hain khidkiyan, khidkiyon ke khadakane se khadakata hai Khadak Singh.
- खड्गसिंह के खडकने से खडकती है खिडकीयाँ
खिडकीयो के खडकऩे से खडकता है खड्गसिंह
- Ek ooncha oont hai, Poochh oonchi oont ki
Poochh se bhi oonchi kya, Peeth oonchi oont ki.
- एक ऊँचा ऊँट है
पुँछ ऊँची ऊँट की
पुँछ से भी ऊँची कया
पीठ ऊँची ऊँट की
- Madan, mohan, malveya madras mein machhli maarte maarte mare.
- मदन मोहन मालवीय मदा्स मे मछली मारते मारते मरे
- Chaar Kachari Kachche Chacha,
Chaar Kachari Pakke.
Pakki Kachari Kachche Chacha,
Kachchi Kachari Pakke.
- Lala Gope Gopal Gopaggam Daas.
- लाला गोप गपुँग़म दास
- Dubey dubai mein doob gaya.
- दुबे दुबई मे डूब गए
- Nandu ke Nana Ne Nandu ki Nani ko Nand Nagari me Nagin dikhaie.
- नंदु के नाना ने नंदु की नानी को नंद नगर मे नागिन दिखाई
- Pital ke patile mein papita pila pila.
- पीतल के पतीले मे पपीता पीला पीला
Hard To Tell:
A duel was fought between Alexander Shott and John Nott. Nott was shot and Shott was not. In this case it was better to be Shott than Nott. Some said that Nott was not shot. But Shott says that he shot Nott.
It may be that the shot Shott shot, shot Nott, or it may be possible that the shot Shott shot, shot Shott himself. We think, however, that the shot Shott shot, shot not Shott, but Nott.
Anyway it is hard to tell which was shot and which was not.